In Dutch it means "to try" now (according to babelfish anyway), so the
context is going to be very important.

If it's Rumpolt (which I use quite often in experimenting with
vegetable dishes) it's a noun anyway, not a verb.

http://clem.mscd.edu/~grasse/GK_Rumpolt1.htm
Further down it's taken to mean food of many nations.

The page on the farmer's banquet suggests it means tradition.
http://clem.mscd.edu/%7Egrasse/GK_Banquets1.htm

I think it may have to do with dressing the dish. I didn't see
anything under the fish section that suggested the dishes were from
different nations. But I did see a sauce and other flavourings. There
was one recipe that was in a "turkish manner" but that was the only
one I saw specified. But then the entire book is not translated there
so there may be more regional dishes than there appears. Either way
fits in with the usage of the term in clothing.

Michaela
http://glittersweet.com