Susan,

The vacuum storage topic was just discussed on another list, and the consensus was that for some things it would be OK, but anything with a texture or nap would be damaged. Reason is that you are compressing wrinkles into the fabric, so a lot of ironing would be necessary when removing the fabric, and things with nap, or delicate fabric, might be permanently wrinkled. One person mentioned a quilted comforter that came out very flat and could not be re-fluffed.

If you have time, for the stuff you can't wash, put your fabric in normal zipper bags and stick them in the freezer for a couple of days to a week. Take them out of the bags to warm up (to avoid condensation) then when they're warm and dry, re-pack them. The freezer should kill any remaining bugs.

Good luck!
Sandy