I have used the 1 st generation vaccuum bags with mixed success, I packed  away
a large bag with sweaters in them ,all nice and flat, under my bed. About
sweater time rolling around ,I tried to remove said bag. Unhappily, the seal
failed along the way and my sweaters "expanded" .I had to have 2 people jack up
the foot of the bed so I could extradite them. All the while I thought they
were "safe" and sealed up they were open and gathering dust,smells and moisture.
  The bags I bought were from the original designer, not a Pic n save knock
off, they had the "zip lock "bag trac along the top and I figured failed at the
very edges of the trac. Maybe a strip of duct tape might have aleveated the
problem,but they never mention that in the info-mercials.
  The very small sized bags seem to do better in not cutting loose the
seal.,maybe size is a factor.Or if you don't "smoosh" the all the way down to
the krinkley stage, the may work ok
  My experience on the matter,
   Melody

Susan Data-Samtak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  My 2 cebts worth:

I have used the Space Bags. They are great to keep stuff dry and
clean. Also reduces bulk, somewhat, because they suck the excess air
out.

Susan