I'm sorry, I can't help give an opinion about those vacuum pack bags as I haven't used them. I do know that they have those types of bags for garments, and I'm sure they could be adapted to fabric. I've seen them advertised on TV with the people packing away sweaters, blankets, pillows, etc. I don't know how effective they are. Another thought I had was those zippered bags like the ones that comforters come in when they are new. I'm sure you could find them in a storage/organization type store. Or how about tupperware tubs? I know they don't seal airtight, but unless you are going to be diving into them often, you could seal the lid with duct tape.

I hope that helps!

Natalie

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi,  I'm moving and having to put a bunch of my fabric into a storage
locker (climate controlled). The problem is that when I took a bunch of
stuff out of the attic at my current place, I found a silver fish (a bug
that eats fabric among other things).  I'm repacking, throwing away the
boxes, and washing all most all the fabric, but I am still concerned that
I might take a bug or two with me.

Has anyone used the vacuum pack thingies that are for food to pack fabric
for storage? I was thinking that that way I could at least isolate my best
stuff.
But I live in the great northwest where it is rather damp and I am worried
that things might just mold if I do that.

Does anyone have suggestions?

Tia, Susan (moving to Seattle from the eastside)