I've always done a lot of hand hemming and hand finishing, but lately I am having a hard time not hand sewing. I started hand sewing everything when my Viking's straight stitch went wonky. There was a period of two or three months where I took it to repair places who did not fix it properly. In the meantime I was doing hand sewing exclusively. Then I replaced the Viking with my Bernina and furthermore, found a great repair place that fixed the Viking like new, meaning I now have two sewing machines in great working order. And I'm still wanting to hand seam everything. I just got into it.

Fran
Lavolta Press
Books on making historic clothing
www.lavoltapress.com