On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Eran Sandler wrote:

> I saw some sites that used the following scheme to get some revenues:
>
> 1) Everyone entering the site will have banners here and there, perhaps a
> few nasty pop-ups.
> 2) People that don't want ads or popups have the ability to pay a small fee
> per year. This is something that can be included in the member of Hamakor,
> for example.
>
> I not a big fan of ads and/or popups, but I do think that for such sites and
> can work.

  I vote firmly against this. Popups are evil and should not be used on any
respectful site. The reason I suggested Google's text ads is that they seem
unobtrusive enough to be used on our sites and still generate revenue.

  Alon

--
This message was sent by Alon Altman ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) ICQ:1366540
GPG public key at http://alon.wox.org/pubkey.txt
        #1040 Your income tax refund cheque bounces.