Hello,
> OO is free to download and use.

It's also shit.  I'm not interested in 'demand a full refund'
conversations - OOo, particularly the spreadsheet, has cost my company
*much* more than £200.00 in lost time with its crashes and
unbelievably slow performance.

> The majority of people will find OO good enough to use

That's just an assertion.

> For those who think MS office or OO are too bloated, well suggest an
> alternative rather than saying both are rubbish

I don't happen to thing MS office is rubbish.  I think it's pretty
good actually.  For one of my clients I recommended that they stop
dicking around with OOo and fork out for Office licenses for all
needed.  After a year or so that's been money very well spent.

For alternatives, I've tried gnumeric, which is less shit than OOo,
but not as good for sharing with people who are using Excel.  My
current approach is to use Macs, OSX and iWork or Office for all
serious 'office' work.  iWork (particularly the newest version) is
very good value indeed.  Support queries have dropped to almost zero,
and productivity has soared.  I'd be delighted to see a FOSS
alternative.  Currently there isn't one, and IMO we (FOSS lovers) do
ourselves no favours by pretending there is.

--
Stephen Nelson-Smith
Technical Director