On Sat, 07 Apr 2012 13:44:42 +0100, Bryn Jones wrote:
[snip, hopefully without attribution errors]
Also would M$ Windoze be more acceptable?

No, not really. It looks and sounds childish to me.
Constant references to Microsoft and Windows like this (which often appear in publicly searchable archives) just put non-Linux users off and make the Linux community look like a bunch of childish nerds. The more I work with both technologies, the more it seems these attitudes cause windows-centric people who have expressed an interest in open source and Linux to feel unwelcome. They just cause enmity and do "the cause" (if there is one) more harm than good. If you want to encourage people to investigate Linux and open source as viable alternatives to their current systems it's important to not treat them like idiots or make them feel picked-on in some way.

Just my 2p-worth. Don't take it personally, it's not intended that way.

(hey I used to work on Windows solely and would have happily
told people to just buy SBS and get on with it. I learned
too much working in M$ dev houses to ever
recommend it as a 1st option).

"not recommending" is not the same as "calling silly names" :)

Just sayin'.

Stuart
--
Stuart Sears RHCA etc.