Hi all

Slightly ot but something we all have to do at some point... I ask in all
honesty - could / should any ISP have been able to do more for me in my
situation?

Tonight I contacted Zen because (having only had my connection activated a
couple of days ago) I returned home to find no connection.   Restarting the
router fixed it but, just to be sure, I checked the logs thinking it might
be to do with "training mode".   As it's a new router (supplied by Zen) I'm
not that familiar with all of its' log "speak".

I rang tech support to find out why it had dropped the connection.   I was
told that:
a) they couldn't tell me why the connection had dropped

b) the logs had contained entries around the time of the drop for "Firewall
rules modified" which worried me slightly.   I would have thought that only
I, as admin, could modify my firewall rules.   When I asked him about this
he said Zen didn't support the router (even though they supplied it!) and he
couldn't explain what rules were modified or why.

It's probably coincidental that he sounded like a right lazy so and so but
to be honest, I expect better from Zen.

I'm not that much in a huff because all is well that ends well - I have a
connection - but I'm more surprised than anything.   Zen are usually
brilliant for customer and tech support - so don't want to see standards
slipping - but similarly I don't want to hold them up to too exacting a
standard.

Cheers

Rob