On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 08:29:28 +0100
Tim <t...@xendistar.co.uk> wrote:
the wan side setup nothing else.

> In regards to Zen (the above ISP is not Zen) I had a ADSL from Zen
> several years ago, I went with them based on the comments of there
> good customer service. Unfortunately the one time the line fail
> (again remote to me) I got the same inactions as above, Change the
> filter and the router first and if that is still a problem we will
> contact BT. Fault turned out to be a broken line coming into the
> building so I would of had to spend my time and money before Zen
> would call out BT to resolve their line fault. I moved away from Zen
> at the end of the contract

I suspect this would be "Normal Practice" for many ISPs, They know
that BT wont check a line until the customer has carried out various
checks and BT wont respond to a call direct from the customer.

In many cases these days BT aren't the supplier of the line anyway or at
least not directly so it is a case of 'jumping through hoops' until
problems are solved.

--
John Lewis
Debian & the GeneWeb genealogical data server