A few more data points:

My parents and uncle both find it confusing still after using it for a year.
The invisible menus are the biggest issue for them.

My wife who is a programmer (so a little more tech savvy ;) dislikes it and
finds the window grouping to be annoying/frustrating and the tray indicators to
be buggy - especially with LibreOffice.

I don't find it confusing but I prefer GNOME 2 considerably and dislike the
left hand tray (on widescreen you have to move your mouse further too!). I also
find it's considerably slows me down, and the extra space produced doesn't seem
necessary on my 2560x1440 monitor. I now use Mac primarily, despite having been
using Linux almost exclusively since 2000 (when I was 14).

I've not heard anyone IRL singing it's praises, unlike GNOME 2.

--
Sent from my iPhone, so please forgive spelling/brevity.

www.BenjieGillam.com
Founder: FitFu.com, GymFu.com

Brain Bakery Ltd. and GymFu Ltd have registered address: 7 Duck Island Lane
BH24 3AA. Registered in England and Wales, Company Numbers: 5849251 and 7022440
respectively