I do not see either a preference for Cache or a preference for GT.M as a
mystery.  There are pros and cons for each choice and the choice seems to me
to be one that those involved need to consider for each implementation
depending upon the circumstances and requirements for each individual
setting.  Hopefully vendors will have the ability to provide whatever is most
suitable for their customers.

In your setting, I suspect GT.M will be the sensible choice even if there are,
in fact, a few problems that require adjustments to the infrastructure code
for this platform to make ZTMGRSET do its job for GT.M like the others.   It
may be that it will be necessary for you to contract with someone with a
great depth of expertise in this area to help you with this.  Your
programmers seem to have done a remarkable job with their brains, hard work
and the largess of the Hardhats mailing list contributors, but this problem
may take a bit more.