While responding to people like Nancy or Kevin, I do so with a
great degree of reverence and admiration. They have set high
standards for transparency and helpfulness that many of us have
greatly benefited from. You have infinite patience and no newbie
would ever feel uncomfortable interacting with you. My
programmers and I have found your responses so very helpful.
Others in the Hardhats community are not far behind and we are
indeed grateful.

But there are issues that we should not shy away from
discussing. Nancy spoke about the pros and cons in choosing
Cache or GT.M. I would always prefer GT.M as most of my target
clients cannot afford expensive systems. But I struggle to
understands the why there is an almost exclusive preference for
Cache by most vendors there. But what are these pros & cons in
the context of VistA?

The robustness of GT.M is unquestioned, but the issue here is
the completeness with which the Hui did the porting. In the
final analysis, would it prove cheaper to use Cache rather than
the free OpenSource GT.M, if there have been serious problems
with the porting. If the limitations are documented, it may be
easier to better understand the pros & the cons. If it proves to
be a truly comparable solution technically, I am sure that
people will be willing to buy support for GT.M. The only problem
is that while Cache has a dealer in Delhi, GT.M as far as I know
will need to be supported from the US. I am sure that once we do
get some clients using GT.M, Bhaskar may not mind visiting his
old homeland once again. Perhaps he could help build the really
Indian "Indian Health Service" here.

I am in full agreement with Nancy’s that we will need to
“….contract with someone with a great depth of expertise in this
area …”. . But with the ground realities in India and the kind
of prices that are acceptable to the Voluntary hospitals that I
am targeting, such support will have to be heavily be
complemented by our own local team. I am working on building
such a team and when we do get an order, we will certainly
contract with some of those who have so generously helped us.