On 6/3/06, Joseph Puthooran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My real concern is that I am planning to implement VistA in
> India. I want to be sure what would be a wise strategy in terms
> of the platform. Presently my view is that for the smaller
> clinics and physician practices, GT.M may be the best option
> considering the absence of licensing responsibilities. But for a
> larger hospital, I wonder if that will be too much of a risk and
> whether Cache would be safer. I cannot afford to take the risk
> of failure. But it is possible that the OpenVistA on GT.M could
> prove equally robust. But why people prefer Cache is still a
> mystery.

First, I would encourage you, if you are going to use GT.M in a
commercial setting, to purchase a suport contract.  It will keep GT.M
alive, and will still be a significant cost saving for the institution
that you install it for.

Second, I don't understand your concerns about GT.M stability/safety.
It is used by the largest bank in the world!