At 10:24 PM 4/5/2006, Chris Reeves typed:
Totally disagree.  By the time you configure BART or whatever to have all
the right drivers (network drivers for say, Nvidia chipset, or new Intel
network drivers) SATA drivers (new Intel, ATI, Nvidia, etc.) and it loads up
all of those things, you can wait a while.

On a decent fast machine, it's not bad, but on a slower machine it's a
virtual eternity.

Try booting one on a machine that doesn't have enough memory & you can wait forever. ;-)

Still I would much rather boot a BartPe or XpPe disk CD that remove the HD & put it into another machine. I tried booting the new Knoppix 5 DVD on a 2700+ machine & I thought that would never boot up but it did eventually.

   Wayne D. Johnson
Ashland, OH, USA 44805
<http://www.wavijo.com>