At 07:34 PM 27/09/2008, DHSinclair wrote:
No. I do NOT know that I have 2 failed drives. That was my posit at this point. Certainly, if I do have 2/3 dead, I would expect to be dead in the water completely.
Kiss my last install and all my data goodbye!
Am I close?

Boo

I suspect only one failed drive ATM, but can not yet prove this. Once I can get that far, I do know how to recover. I am not yet there, I believe. And, why I am consulted with the IT Pros of the List.

All I have is the RAID alarm, and w2kserver OS that will not complete a boot to its login prompt. It will get to an F8 prompt. I tried an F8 boot but got another BSOD. I may try again and look for a "last known....." prompt to choose. Barring that, considering the RAID, and my lack of knowledge, I feel I only have the power to do more harm than good.

I do have my lan client's now pointed back to the ESET Barn; so future vdefs should continue to arrive auto-magically. (They do. This client is now +2 above the server!)
Thank you.
Duncan