1TB Seagate 7200.11 SATA-300 drive $130
USB2/eSATA Icydock MB559US-1SMB enclosure $45 after MIR
Peace of mind knowing key data is backed up offline, priceless!

=)

DHSinclair wrote:
Thank you Greg. Kind of terse, but I do fully comprehend your points. So far, my data loss will be any/all digital pixs I took post 03/07 and some archived dot-pdf files that support my home care equipment. Suspect that I can probably find most of this again.

I never attempted to use the RAID of the server as a substitute for proper backup policy. It just turned out the my server did have the largest available free space (23GB). OK, shame on me. I do try to "backup" to available space wherever available on my LAN clients until I can get a NAS operational.
<snip>