I know about GoDaddy. The List documented this well enough.
Slow. Concerned.
Looking.
Duncan

At 12:47 09/29/2008 -0700, you wrote:
At 12:21 PM 9/29/2008, you wrote:
Many providers will cancel you for that, being as that it's a breach of their TOS. They make their money on oversubscribing disk. If you come along and break their business model with 10gb of data that's not web accessible for their $10/yr plan they will shut you down.

You're right. I forgot about that ...they warned about that with my personal account a few years ago.... but for three to five years they never said a word. However, now we pay for a private server with Godaddy, so we get to make our own rules.

Winterlight wrote:
I can understand why this works for the general public who doesn't understand domains, ftp etc. But why is that a better deal for you then just buying a domain name from Goddady for 7-10 bucks a year and then having a free 10GB website that you can ftp into, and then upload your backup in an encrypted zip file ?