Online storage is just part of the overall backup solution.  I of course
have my own personal backups at home with redundant HDs.  But that's of no
use against things like floods or house fires. So the really critical data
is backed up to a third-party "offsite" location where I may not be able to
access it 24/7/365 but it will still be there barring the end of the world
or a major bankruptcy.

Either of which might actually be possible after the last week on Wall
Street :)

------
Brian