Ben,
Thank you. This grumbly fact is generating a huge amount of angst at this address.
I do get it. Really. I really do.
Current problem is that ATM I can not afford W2K-Server 2006. $685.00 is not in the budget. ATM I have to recover the server I own w/the OS it thinks it may still be happy with and still try to run. Still learning. OK, I am an OS "fan-boy." OH CRAP! I forgot your point about "trailing edge hardware." Yes, I even fully see this also. As soon as I find just who is my banker, I will try and fix this small faux pau also.
Please give me several months................... :)
IT IS SO HARD TO GIVE UP ON STUFF THAT STILL WORKS!
I do get it. Really; now, I do!
(i could hate technology; but i will not......I grew up in it.....)
Duncan