Thank you J.,
I will now go look at this.
Like Seagate.
But J.
I still have not moved fully to WXP................(oh, bad me!)
I still wonder about USB. If this is your prescription, fine.
It will take some time for me to get to some XP basline.
I will look more into this.
"Why should I upgrade a working LAN client's OS to WXP just because it now runs w2K?"
Personally, I do not care what the server's OS ends up at!!!!!!!
I am willing to migrate............... :)
Yes, I am still multi-tasking the current hd failure.
Perhaps bad. I am very thick-headed!
But, at my LAN, I feel I need to evaluate more options.
Thank you,
Duncan