Welcome to the wonderful world of DRM and competing monopolies.  You only
solution is to live in Apple's world (ie use iTunes) or go with another
program (like Poddox <http://www.poddox.com/>).  But either way I'm pretty
sure you can't use windows media player, and positive that if you buy
anything from the iTunes store you can't play it outside of iTunes (unless
you do some illegal stuff).

Brian Weeden
Technical Consultant
Secure World Foundation <http://www.secureworldfoundtion.org>