I don't get why people hate on iTunes so much. The interface is dead easy to use and the software works great. If you don't want to buy media with Apple DRM then either buy DRM free stuff from iTunes or buy from Amazon. When you buy from Amazon it automatically ends up in your iTunes library.

iTunes is *not* *bad* *software.*

If you absolutely HATE it and CAN NOT USE iTunes then use MediaMonkey which is free and does what iTunes does, just not as well (imho.)

Or, don't buy an iPod. I had a Creative Zen Vision:M and besides it being a complete piece of crap, using Windows Media to manage it was terrible. Ugh!

Brian Weeden wrote:
Welcome to the wonderful world of DRM and competing monopolies.  You only
solution is to live in Apple's world (ie use iTunes) or go with another
program (like Poddox <http://www.poddox.com/>).  But either way I'm pretty
sure you can't use windows media player, and positive that if you buy
anything from the iTunes store you can't play it outside of iTunes (unless
you do some illegal stuff).