Media Monkey is good, used it with my ipod until I got my iPhone (which
requires iTunes for lots of stuff).

And the reports are that WMP 12 is going to have some significant
improvements:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20081030-hands-on-windows-media-player-12s-surprising-new-features.html

Brian Weeden
Technical Consultant