Anthony,
I suppose we have different feelings about "complex."
I feel that WIFI is a level of 'complex' I just do not yet require. Nothing more. I understand your position and use of WIFI. Yes, a 63-digit master PW would make much sense. But, even in my 'primitive' wired LAN, my guests have no access to my LAN clients (tested). Yes, guests can only see my LAN clients, but can only USE/Access my router/gateway for internet surfing.
Different strokes, I suppose.
Best,
Duncan