From: hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com
[mailto:hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf Of Scoobydo
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2010 2:01 PM
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: Re: [H] Greg what do you think of this SSD?

Anand doesn't expect the price to drop significantly this year. Even
with
the recent die shrink from Intel/Micron and Samsung they haven't passed

along the savings to consumers yet. Next year we can expect the prices
finally start to fall more and within 5 years the mechanical hardrive
will
be on it's way out. Seagate is coming out with a 3 Gig drive this year..

On Sat, 22 May 2010 00:36:01 -0500, Bryan Seitz <se...@bsd-unix.net>
wrote:

> I shall wait until it's hard to go wrong with SSDs vs hard to go right
:)
> (That and the prices will continue to drop)
>
> On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 12:27:52AM -0500, Greg Sevart wrote:
>> That one, and the larger, faster, 160GB version, are the only ones
I'd
>> consider buying right now. I've seen a truly shocking number of OCZ
>> Vertex
>> (Indilinx-based) drives fail in various ways, and while the new
>> Sandforce
>> controller in the Vertex 2 and others looks really impressive, being

>> bitten
>> by the Indilinx makes me shy away from first designs.
>>
>> For what it's worth, I have two 80GB Intel G2 units in RAID0 on my
home
>> workstation.
>>
>> Disclaimer: My sample size is fairly small, with around 45 Vertex
>> drives and
>> around 35 Intel G2 drives.

Internal