Yes, but then there is the potential for long term wear out from rewrites for pagefile & temp folders. Tell me it's worth it in 3-5 years.

On 5/22/2010 3:23 AM, Anthony Q. Martin wrote:
I've been using one now for 5 months. It's great..wouldn't consider
changing or going back now. Also, a lot of vendors are putting them in
high-end laptops now.
the extra cash becomes rather meaningless after you've been living with
one for a while. Virus scans are nearly instantaneous. And boot times
are fab...and I would go intel all the way...BTW, maximum pc in their
latest issue does have a review of several non-intel SSDs.