OK.
Like this different from similar practices of Intel, HP, Compac, AMD, Motorola, Micron, GateWay, IBM, etc?

Some bad stuff got out of the factory?

If Dell has gross amounts of spare parts (their expense), small noise.
If Dell has NO amount of spare parts (or plan), very big noise.

This one will be fun to follow, however. Seems like we all like to beat up on Dell!

And, maybe, because I use a Dell monitor and Dell switches (2)....... :)
And, they run great. I'd buy them all again.
Best,
Duncan