Hi Vladimir,

  In the process of getting compiler 3.3.4 to work, I uninstalled the
gcc that came with Fedora.  It is possible that g++ wasn't installed
completely by the Fedora installer and I hadn't installed updates on
that system that might have fixed it.   Since I've gotten it working
with 3.3.4, I hesitate to go change my configuration now to check.  I
currently have my system capable of switching between gcc 3.3.4, 3.4.5,
and 4.0.3 via setting of PATH and use of ldconfig after
creating/tweaking /etc/ld.so.conf.d/aiee_compiler.conf.

  With gcc 3.4.5, I get numerous errors in vm/jitrino/src/shared/Stl.h
regarding the need to define begin() and end():  "there are no arguments
to 'end' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of 'end'
must be available.

  With gcc 4.0.3, I get the same template errors that I mentioned
yesterday.  These look like:
       [cc]
/usr/local/gcc-4.0.3/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.0.3/../../../../inc
lude/c++/4.0.3/bits/stl_tree.h:389: error: no matching function for call
to 'Jit
rino::StlMMAllocator<Jitrino::VarOpnd*>::destroy(std::pair<Jitrino::VarO
pnd* con
st, Jitrino::VarOpnd*>*)'
       [cc] /usr/local/src/Harmony/vm/jitrino/src/shared/Stl.h:119:
note: candid
ates are: void Jitrino::StlMMAllocator<T>::destroy(T*) [with T =
Jitrino::VarOpn
d*]

My box does currently have include/ext directories for the three
compilers in /usr/local/gcc-3.3.4/include/c++/3.3.4/ext,
/usr/local/gcc-3.4.5/include/c++/3.4.5/ext,
/usr/local/gcc-4.0.3/c++/4.0.3/ext.

Thanks,

Chris Elford
Intel Middleware Products Division