I tried to use it. It is OK, but I have some comments on it. First of all,
let me describe as I see the testing process:

- for developers:
Before the commit of new feature/ fix the developer should run some
'pre-integration tests' (it may be unit tests) to be sure that workspace
will not broken by commit. If developer have more than 1 platform it will
nice to run these tests on different platforms.
It is a base testing infrastructure for any project and Harmony already has
it (for both - vm and api).

Also, the "cruise control" systems on the target platforms over
'pre-integration tests' will be very useful just to check that the current
workspace is OK (not all developers can check fixes on all target
platforms).

- for other community members (all peoples who want to help):
If somebody wants to help to run tests he should download only the binary
form of HDK, tests and script(s) to run it. Than he run all tests and
upload/ emails results back. Of cause, these scripts should require minimum
external tools (for example, 'ant' only).
It is may be one time action for this member or time-to-time (depends on his
wishes).

In this context seems a little bit discourteous to ask users to use the
cruise control, svn, c/c++ compilers etc to run Harmony tests. On other
side, for developers your system is a little bit excessive.

- for testing engineer (or somebody from developers):
Looking through the result reports for different platforms, tries to
reproduce detected failures and propose fixes for them.

Of cause, it is my thoughts only and may be it does not true, but I want to
try to prepare testing scripts based on HDK (or snapshots of workspace) and
tests archives.

Thanks, Vladimir
On 7/12/06, Geir Magnusson Jr < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Alex Blewitt wrote:
> FWIW Mac OS X doesn't have tools.jar in $JAVA_HOME/lib. Instead, the
> tools are in the classes.jar file (no, it's not called rt.jar either)
> in $JAVA_HOME/../Classes/classes.jar. It's a bit unfortunate that it
> has both the run-time libraries and the tools in one place, but
> essentially it means that the sun tools are on the classpath whatever
> happens.
>
> Not that it's spectacularly relevant, but I thought I'd mention it
> here in case there's going to be a Mac port in the future ...

What do you mean "in case"? :)  I'm hoping we can do that sooner rather
than later...

geir

> Alex.
>

> On 11/07/06, Geir Magnusson Jr < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>> Richard Liang wrote:
>> >
>> > It seems that JAVA_HOME is required by cc/cruisecontrol.sh on my
Ubuntu