Alex,
 Thanks for the information about Intel64 conventions for long mode. I
spoke losely and inaccurately below. I am the collector of the
development items, not the originator  of all items :-) It may be a good
idea to write a short document describing the calling conventions we support
on various platforms and add this to our list of JIT docs. Calling
conventions affect both JIT and core VM and clearly stating them is useful.
It is also one of the first things one may want to know about how the jit
works.

Thanks,
Rana