On 18 Oct 2006 11:31:09 +0700, Egor Pasko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I think 2 more optimizations should find themselves in the list as
separate items, because they are easily formulated and are a good
chance for performance gains that Jitrino.OPT can offer:
+ "Type Value Profiling" in Jitrino.OPT - Implement profiling the most
  probable caller's type for virtual and interface calls. Integrate
  with Jitrino high-level devirtualizer and the "interface call
  devirtualization" item.

I understand "interface devirt with value profiler" item from Rana's list as
the same task.

+ "Loop versioning" optimization in Jitrino.OPT - Implement versioning
  of hot loops to allow as little exceptions (especially bounds
  checks) as possible in these loops. Integrate with "ABCD
  improvements" item.

Yes, our (Jitrino.OPT) loop optimizations are in a bad state today :)

BTW the page I've created recently (
http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/JIT_Tasks_For_Beginners ) could be removed
and all the tasks listed there are added to the new page.

Another proposal: mark every item with a level of expertise required for a
volunteer: Novice, Advanced, Expert
This will help both to novice and expert users: Novice will know if the task
is rather easy. An expert will have a hint that the task worth to be
discussed about side effects more carefully...

--
Mikhail Fursov