* Peter da Silva <pe...@taronga.com> [2008-07-05 02:45]:
> No, the big problem is that most people are writing their "rich
> text" mail with mail software that is incomprehensibly hateful.

OK, maybe table markup also, but only if the borders cannot be
disabled so that people won’t be tempted to make layouts.

That’s *all* you need in mail. There is absolutely zero need for
any fancy layouting. Email is supposed to be something where you
can hit Reply and reasonably respond to pieces of the message
inline. An email is not a fracking webpage. If you want me to
look at a webpage, send me a link, don’t shovel 150kb of manure
down my throat whether I care about it or not.

Regards,