On Jul 5, 2008, at 6:48 AM, Aristotle Pagaltzis wrote:

* Joshua Juran <jju...@gmail.com> [2008-07-05 15:30]:
I've gotten messages of the form <html><body>some text URL more
text</body></html> where clicking on the URL does nothing
because the sender didn't mark it up with <a>.

The dazzling brilliance of X11 select-to-copy and middleclick-
to-paste is nowhere as blinding as when dealing with URLs. X11 is
atrocious in many ways, but this is something that it got so,
*so* *right* it's enough to spoil me for any other GUI that does
not have this. Even the searing hatefulness of the overall X11
clipboard situation (that, inconceivably, persists to this day)
can do little to diminish the blazing glory of these selection-
related gestures.

So if you accidently click somewhere you lose the clipboard contents, and if you accidentally middle-click in the wrong place you've just splatted random text into an unrelated document, or maybe your shell? HATE.

Also, a Unix-derived user interface idiom that *requires* a MOUSE?? At least on a Mac I can cut/copy and paste without taking my hands off the keyboard.

Josh