* Joshua Juran <jju...@gmail.com> [2008-07-05 15:30]:
> I've gotten messages of the form <html><body>some text URL more
> text</body></html> where clicking on the URL does nothing
> because the sender didn't mark it up with <a>.

The dazzling brilliance of X11 select-to-copy and middleclick-
to-paste is nowhere as blinding as when dealing with URLs. X11 is
atrocious in many ways, but this is something that it got so,
*so* *right* it's enough to spoil me for any other GUI that does
not have this. Even the searing hatefulness of the overall X11
clipboard situation (that, inconceivably, persists to this day)
can do little to diminish the blazing glory of these selection-
related gestures.

[To align with the list's topic, consider this a profession of
hate for any thusly crippled GUI systems.]

Regards,