Joshua Juran wrote:
> On Jun 26, 2009, at 7:56 PM, Benjamin Reed wrote:
>
>> On 6/26/09 5:35 PM, Nicholas Clark wrote:
>>
>>> autoconf, automake and libtool. What more could one need?
>>>
>>> Actually, what other non-overlapping software could one
>>> legitimately use to
>>> increase the hate?
>> This reminds me of an April Fools thing I planned on doing but never
>> executed.
>>
>> I was going to implement the next generation codebase for /bin/true --
>> shared library, autoconf/automake/libtool project, language
>> bindings for
>> everything under the sun.  Oh, also a networking model, so you could
>> determine truth over a network socket.  Of course, you'd have to
>> have an
>> obvious bug in the protocol so that someone could implement a DDOT
>> (distributed denial of truth) attack.
>
> Well for starters, it's ridiculous to have separate codebases for /
> bin/true and /bin/false when they basically do the same thing.  Why
> not combine the two into a single program, true-or-false, which takes
> a parameter?  On the other hand, if a platform already ships with
> true and false, you may as well reuse them, so true-and-false should
> exec those if available (as determined by autoconf).

You are not thinking clearly.  We obviously need a Boolean Enterprise
Architecture, complete with Frameworks, Patterns, remote, realtime,
distributed, and ORM solutions, a few new agile methods, and while we
are at why not throw in a Community Process too that can create Boolean
Enhancement Proposals.