On 21 December 2010 22:01, Joshua Juran <jju...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Dec 21, 2010, at 12:36 PM, Peter Corlett wrote:

Let us instead unite against things that we all agree suck.

Unicode support.

Also, filesystems.  And Unicode support in filesystems.

Apple filesystems have been brain-damaged since birth by not being
case-sensitive.  Apple finally addressed this in HFSX, a filesystem which
has shipped with OS X for years, but it's not for normal use yet because
some apps are still broken by it.  Even if HFSX ever does become mainstream,
never fear:  The original error has already been repeated in HFS+, in the
form of forced Unicode normalization in filenames.

I am sure this is some use of the term "normal" of which I am unfamiliar. :-)