On Sun, 26 Dec 2010 09:46:34 +0000, Nicholas Clark <n...@ccl4.org>
wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 10:41:47AM +0100, Aristotle Pagaltzis wrote:
>
> > That seems like a solution at first thought, doesn't it? But the
> > menu bar is at the top of the screen. The pointer is often far
> > away. A straight line from the pointer to the menu bar will cross
> > windows of other applications. Entering any of them with will
> > switch to another application and change which menu is being
> > displayed. So if you want to click an entry in the menu of the
> > current application you'll now have to carefully circumnavigate
> > the windows of any other applications to reach it.
>
> Aha. I suspect that I never think of this because I like all my windows to be
> rammed to the top of the screen. (Both on OS X and Linux)

That reminds me of another piece of shitware: xgnokii
It opens a kind of dashboard and on every other action it places a new
window as far as possible from the mouse. I use it because typing a
text message from the keyboard is way faster than on my (very simple)
phone, and pasting an error message is also much easier than typing it,
but the xgnokii interface is horrible.

--
H.Merijn Brand  http://tux.nl      Perl Monger  http://amsterdam.pm.org/
using 5.00307 through 5.12 and porting perl5.13.x on HP-UX 10.20, 11.00,