* John Sinteur <j...@sinteur.com> [2010-12-21 21:10]:
> On Dec 21, 2010, at 21:00 , Aristotle Pagaltzis wrote:
>
> > It's actually *technically impossible* to implement Focus Follows
> > Mouse on MacOS.
>
> defaults write com.apple.Terminal FocusFollowsMouse -string YES
>
> defaults write com.apple.x11 wm_ffm true

What is your point?

It works in one particular MacOS app.

It works in X11 apps.

Did you have anything to say that wasn't obvious already? Did you
read the excerpt I included, or are you just jerking your knee
about the first line in my mail?

The point is that it does not work in the *general case*, because
a confluence of UI and API choices means that applications *may*
crash under FFM, because of how the menu bar works. You can list
exceptions to the rule (ie. written not to crash under FFM) all
day long and it won't make any difference to the existence of
legacy apps that will crash.

Regards,