On 2012.5.13 11:18 PM, Numien wrote:
> On 13/05/12 07:58 PM, Michael G Schwern wrote:
>> I can forgive Javascript of that because it has no file operations by (good)
>> design and thus no way to load other files.
>
> Sure it does. See XMLHttpRequest the new HTML5 web storage, app cache, and
> socket thing, and all the other libraries derived from them.

AFAIK none of that is part of the Javascript language (ie. the ECMAscript).
They're all special objects with their own standards and require special
implementations.  I don't believe you can write them in Javascript.  And it's
all fairly recent history for Javascript.

--
"I went to college, which is a lot like being in the Army, except when
 stupid people yell at me for stupid things, I can hit them."