Peter da Silva <pe...@taronga.com> wrote:

> I'll give you the fall-through in case.

There are some other things that were fixed in later versions:

Single namespace for structure and union members
No function argument type checking

There are some things that haven't been fixed:

const
Operators (particularly * & | ^)

And some things that have been "fixed" in C++

enum checking

A lot of the problems with C are due to the extremely small computer that
it had to fit into in the early days. The other contemporary languages
that we have been comparing it with ran on much bigger machines.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <d...@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
South-east Iceland: Easterly or northeasterly 6 to gale 8, veering