I went to sharedstats.com and took the top 10 players and some middle
players (451-460) and averaged their headshots per kill percentage (they
were suprisingly close, around 5% difference).

The number came out to 45%! Nearly half of all kills are a result of
headshots...

So, here are my questions:

1.  Doesn't this percentage seem too high?
2.  Does this phenomenon occur in other mods? (I don't play HL2DM or
other mods)
3.  In what part of the code are hit locations determined? (in sdk code
or valve-only code)
4.  If in the sdk code, where is a good place to start to look for the
reason the percentage is so high?

Thanks,
Michael