That's not true at all. The reason hud messages were removed has nothing at
all to do with how busy they are, or how hard it would be to implement. It
was a conscious decision that we as mod/plugin developers have been paying
for ever since.

Remember most of the people on this list have their own fan base, and sure
it mightn't exist without Valve, but if Valve wasn't around there are plenty
of other games to make plugins for and you would be very surprised at the
amount of people who have done just that. I myself being one but I still
continue to support what I created for CS:S.