Are you guys arguing that the popularity of CS compared with CS:S is
the amount of control admins have over their servers, using plugins
and the like?  That seems really far-fetched to me.  I don't play any
kind of Counter-Strike, but when I play DoD:S (and used to play DoD),
all of the server plugin stuff was just annoying.  I'm sure there are
non-irritating uses of server plugins, but it seems really unlikely
that that accounts solely for the 4x player differences between the
two games.

My guess is the main difference is inertia.  People like being good at
something and familiarity (how many people still play Nethack?)

For what it's worth, Valve has been nothing but helpful towards me and
my team.  Their games' filesystems are open, and they use basic
textfiles all over the place that let you do cool stuff with their
engine.  And Mike especially has been very helpful.  Keep up the great
work.

Best,
Nate

On 15/03/07, Jay C. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
You have no idea kiddo...
And back to the point the stats speak for themselves.