On 9/6/07, Jeremy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The limits in general are seem so stupidly low it makes things frustrating.
> The entity/edict limits, the brush count limits for maps, etc. We haven't
> run into the entity limits, but I think every single map we've done has been
> an exercise of our mappers bashing their heads against what appears to be
> artificially low mapping limits.

They may seem artificially low, but given the liberal minimum
requirements for the games (1.2 GHz CPU, 256 MB RAM) it's almost
certainly necessary to maintain a playable experience on those
machines.

When Episode 2 is released, with higher requirements (1.7 GHz CPU, 512
MB RAM) we might well see an increase in those minimums for mods using
its engine. But I wouldn't expect a concomitant increase for the older
games.

--
Andrew Timson