Pretty sure a fix was found. VVIS worked fine (to my memory) and VRAD
crashed. However if you use LAA on the vrad process, it worked again.

Fix by The Pro here:
http://www.facepunch.com/showpost.php?p=16482883&postcount=23

I recall this working, but I do not know if Valve has fixed/broken it since
then.