It's a brand new SDK. <http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16106943#post16106943>

Making the SDK separate clears the way for it being absolutely free to *everyone*, without it granting access to existing 2006/2007 Source mods (which mount HL2 content) too. I'm betting that the AS SDK won't have the normal shared engine content we're used to from SDK Base, just like UDK only has a subset of UT3's.