I agree with everyone here that the valve tools are a joke, from a decade
ago. Open Sourcing all the tools could double the productivity of modders
without ANY COST TO VALVE. ( and possibly double the lifespan of the
SourceEngine)

As for the steam distribution future? In 10 years everyone is going to be
sad when none of the games work. Valve cannot compete against google,
microsoft, apple, sony, when it comes to content distribution. The only
hope valve has, is push the cards as hard as possible and HOPE for a
buyout. I bet on a microsoft buyout, that will make linux,mac gaming
harder. Microsoft will then fire all valve employees.

To people who defend Valve, or attack the valve criticizers : You are only
doing yourself and Valve a disservice.