I don't see as many serious issues as other people
seem to be complaining about.
 For the most part people are happy with valve games
as far as I can tell.
 I'm glad that the valve team responds fairly quickly
to severe game issues so servers do keep up and
running.

For that other game that someone mentioned that had a
successful boycott. That was Call of Duty 2. There was
a well publicized protest about lack of anti-cheat in
COD2. The company got the message and they plan to
release an anti-cheat soon.

 As far as boycotting Valve I don't think thats going
to work and it's not helpful.
 Instead it would be best to post your issues or bugs
in a polite manner instead of the bad attitude too
often we see displayed on this list.
 If I was a software developer overburdened with work
I would be more likely to assist people that display
some level of maturity.
 Just my 2 cents.
- LB