It's a better idea to split this into different tasks, use one reliable
class to retrieve Internet content and use your XmlDocument class to parse a
XML document like it was supposed to do.

Btw, 200 is the correct response for a successfull response, I have written
202.

You should move this topic to the hlcoders mailing list.